Terra,
I have a natural affinity to the
presentation that you have created for your professional community. Obviously,
the similarities begin with our passion for adult education particularly health
education, and our determination to enhance vocational outcome-based education to
reflect the needs of an evolving health care system and prepare learners for
the future.
Our professional communities are both
concerned with responding to the needs of our patients not only for treatment
but, preventatively through health promotion and prevention. Challenging the
status quo and our current beliefs about teaching and learning sets the stage
for innovative instruction. Engaging our colleagues in collaborative inquiry will
identify issues in curriculum and establish program vision and education
philosophy. Dental Programs are part of the allied health cluster; therefore,
both professional communities are interconnected and share common interests.
CAAHP and your program community are both concerned with preparing high quality
health care professionals that respond challenges facing our health care
system.
I think one difference in our professional communities
is that CAAHP is involved from more of a macro level with a boarder academic
school perspective compared to your community, which is program specific. As an
administrator, I am committed to supporting educators as they work
collaboratively on instructional design projects. I try to be actively involved
with the working team and support all activities related to curriculum planning.
My job is to support faculty in providing rich learning experiences for our
students. Another difference would be the level of interaction amongst our communities.
I think communication among members of CAAHP will be sporadic compared to your
group.
Your professional community focuses on the
specifics of assessment and your presentation prompts dialogue related to assessment
that enhances learning. As the associate dean, it is my job to listen to student
feedback and engage program faculty in analysis and critical reflection.
Keeping the lines of communication open with faculty is extremely important in supporting
integrated planning, instruction and assessment so that we can continually
improve and keep up with the changing needs of our students and prepare them
for the health care system of our future.
I like the way you presented the information
and interjected thought provoking questions that will intrigue your colleagues
and prompt ongoing dialogue. This approach fosters collaboration and team building
while placing students at the center of our focus.
Great presentation!
Eva
No comments:
Post a Comment