Final Reflection
Even though I have been working in education for a quite a few years now, I was not well versed or had previously analyzed the conception of curriculum, or connected these approaches to philosophies of education. I have gained deeper insight into curricular frameworks and have been able to apply this knowledge to a familiar context, my place of practice. The interconnectedness of curricular frameworks is the key aspect in my learning. I will look at curriculum with fresh eyes from now on. Pedagogy is the way we engage our students and curricular activities should empower our students to be become self regulated learners. Integrated approach to curriculum planning and assessment means keeping an open mind, challenging myself to try a new approaches, or encourage my colleagues to try a new approaches; evaluate and re-evaluate my vision related to planning curriculum, and seek methods to enhance the student learning experiences.
Initially, I had difficulty navigating the course, but I did become more comfortable with it as time went on and I got into the groove of things. I enjoyed working with my partner Scott, as we managed to have each other’s backs during times when we each needed it the most. For that I am grateful. I also enjoyed reading my colleagues blogs and wished I had more time to check out everyone’s professional community as I know this would have enhanced my own learning even further and introduced me to excellent resources. At first I was discouraged about my own professional community, but other avenues opened up and I managed to discovered “healthy debate” which I will continue to follow.
I found the course to be extremely rich with information and overwhelming at times, but reading my colleagues comments and discussions helped me to stay on track and I am grateful for my learning cohort. I feel self actualized at the end of this journey as this and PME 833 are my final courses in the PME program. I look forward to getting some sleep now! Good Luck to all of you on your journeys. It has been a pleasure learning with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment